Colonial Life policyholders give company’s claims an ‘A’
COLUMBIA, S.C. (June 5, 2018) — Results from recent independent customer satisfaction surveys show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s policyholders are pleased with the service they receive from the company.
In 2017, Colonial Life made more than 1 million claim payments totaling nearly $667 million in benefits. Fourth quarter 2017 survey results from a random sampling of Colonial Life customers who filed claims for accident, disability, special risk or supplemental health benefits showed:
• 96 percent were satisfied with the overall handling of their claim.
• 97 percent were satisfied with the experience of submitting a claim.
• 96 percent were satisfied with the ease of completing paper forms.
• 96 percent were satisfied with the ease of checking claim status.
• 95 percent were satisfied with the clear and simple language in communications.
• 94 percent were satisfied with the timeliness of claims approval.
• 92 percent were satisfied with how they were kept informed of claim status.
“It’s very important to know what our customers think and how they feel about the job we’re doing on delivering on our promise,” says Deb Rasmussen, vice president, claims and account services, Colonial Life. “These quarterly surveys help us monitor our performance and show us ways we can improve their overall service experience.”
The Colonial Life Voluntary Benefit Claimant Satisfaction research is conducted quarterly by Market Decisions.
To learn more about how Colonial Life fulfills its mission to protect workers and their families, check out our Claims Experience Fact Sheet.